inspirational quote

something something something walt disney

Saturday, October 25, 2014

I Survived Ebol-Eye

Well well well. We meet again. 

For those of you who have stuck through this journey with me, I am indeed grateful. If there is anyone interested in hearing and seeing more about this trip than my rare blog post, there is much more to see on Instagram and if you feel so inclined, I could also add you to a photo share I have set up to see even more pictures. 

It has been quite a while since my last post. As usual, I shall give a quick summary of the places I have seen and the things I have done since. I believe we left off in El Paso

Arlington Texas    Ebola 

Little Rock Arkansas   I do not enjoy Arkansas. Nope. Not one bit. 

Tupelo Mississippi    Spelling Mississippi is the funnest thing about the place. 

Macon Georgia    I like Georgia. 

Daytona Beach   Now this was a wonderful week. We got to stay right on the beach front. I had a very good friend come stay with me that week as well and we have a glorious time. Beach nights. Party's. Tiki bar. During this week was also my trip to Orlando to Harry Potter World. Words cannot express the joy this brought. I have never enjoyed anything more. It was everything. A week to remember for sure. 

Biloxi Mississippi  See above

Panama City Florida   Also a fun week. The beach at panama city is exceptionally beautiful and the strip around the beach was fun. My roommate and I spent a very fun day walking around the huge outdoor mall are by the beach. Definitely somewhere an epic spring break could happen. Note taken. 

Okay. This is taking way to long and i'm tired. We hit about a 100 other cities that left no mark on my memory. I’m gonna skip around a bit and just hit the good ones. 

Salina Kansas    Kansas is almost good for nothing but large farms and open air which I actually very much enjoyed. This stay sticks out because we got to spend a day at a local corn maze. It was the cutest thing ever. Three mazes, animals, gourd launcher etc. We had a blast and it was everything you would think Kansas should be. 

Lincoln Nebraska   An old high school friend goes to school 30 min from Lincoln and so she got to come see me and go to dinner and it was just a delight. I never thought I would be happy about running into any old high school friends but this proved me wrong. It was great to see her. 

Lake Charles Louisiana   A pretty boring day stop but Christine and I got to go to a Mardi Gras museum in the top of an old school building (sketch) but it was actually amazing. We found out later it's supposedly the largest collection of Mardi Gras stuff in the state. Pretty cool eh? We took lots of cool pictures and got to see and hear a lot about it. Makes me very excited to see New Orleans in a couple weeks. 

Bossier City Louisiana   We only stopped hear to do shows but it sticks out to me because it was the show of my first "Plan A". A plan A is when a member of the cast gets to go out on stage before the show as a normal human with a live mic and everything and welcome the crowd and get them pumped to see the show. They then announce and bring to the stage a local radio team or someone that has helped sponsor the show. I was picked to do it at this show. I was very nervous but it ended up being a blast. It was fun to get to be myself and just talk to the audience. 2500 people I might add. I'm excited to get to do more. 

Jonosboro Arkansas    This is where we just recently left. It has not changed my mind about Arkansas. I still do not like it. This was also a dry county. Enough said. 



That about sums it up I think. I am still very much enjoying this tour life. We had a couple really massive weeks of shows where we had to live on the bus for about 2 weeks solid and as expected, that was a challenge. Being stuck with the same group of people in a confined torture freeway chamber can have its problems. But alas, we made it and after three days of locking myself in the hotel room alone, I actually kind of like some of them again. Progress. 

One thing I would like to bring up. Ebola. It’s happening. It’s everywhere. It’s in Texas. Not only were we in Texas around the time of the epidemic, but we are going back. We actually spend Christmas there. We will all be celebrating the birth of Christ with internal bleeding in a hospital isolation room. Deck the Halls. 

I’m also fairly positive I have already beat the virus once. For those of you without snapchat, my top eyelid swelled up to the size of a grape for about a good week. I looked like a child molester with a constant wink. It was horrible. Maybe that was my run with Ebola and I am now immune. How do I contact the CDC?

Let’s see let’s see. Anything else I need to touch on. 

Workout portion of my blog. No comment. Pass the Doritos.

I hope all is well and the up coming Halloween celebrations go marvelously. Our company has put together a rather large budget for our party and our party planning committee has been working ceaselessly on it so needless to say, it’s gonna be a rager and Megan and I are gonna look fantastic. Party is Wednesday. Pictures to come. 

Much love to all. I really do miss most of you terribly. Send mail. 


Dixon the King


Ps. As you all have probably figured out by now, I really enjoy making lists. From now on, each blog will contain a list of something that has been on my mind. This blog…


List of possible names for my Autobiography


Dicks in Bowls : My Life Story

How Can I Be A Complete Loner 
Yet Have Everyone Know and Love Me and Other Concerns

Narcissistic in Nature. 

My Belly Fat Provides Comfort From The Cold. 

I'm A Mess. Are you? 

Weight Loss for Dummies. A Story of My Life

Condescending Sarcasm: What Else Is There? 





No comments:

Post a Comment