inspirational quote

something something something walt disney

Friday, July 4, 2014

Catching Up

Happy 4th Everyone! 

It has been an insane several days. I don't even know where to start explaining it all. I think i'll start with today and work backwards until my memory can no longer handle it. After all these rehearsals and shows, it is already impossible to keep them apart. 

Today is a very much needed day off. It was originally just going to be a day that we got off early or had a half day, but because of excellent work and a full working show, we got the entire day off. The cast and crew also has been invited to a special preview of the new Marvel Universe Live show tonight in Tampa! So excited for that. I have heard incredible things about this show! We are then going to have a BBQ and watch fireworks. Wonderful way to spend the 4th in my opinion. 

Moving backwards, yesterday was our official last day of rehearsals. We ran the show twice and called it a day. We have a day off today and we have an audience on Saturday. I keep getting this feeling that this is coming to an end. That it has been a wonderful and eye opening couple weeks and that after this weekend I will be heading home. It makes me so excited that this is literally just the beginning. What I got hired to do hasn't even really started yet. What a crazy adventure.

Also yesterday, we decided to have a company dance class after work. A good friend and amazing dancer, Izzy, wanted to teach and choreograph the class. I was a tad tentative because i'm lazy and my knee hurt but I ended up going and didn't regret it. It was amazing to get to really full out dance. I feel like its been years since i've actually just taken a random jazz/contemporary class. I am either teaching or stuck in Modern. It was also really fun to take class and see all the beautiful dancers that I get to travel with. I also can't wait to get to teach. I miss teaching so much. 

Speaking of my knee, it is much much better. After waiting several hours for the pathetic advice of a "medical professional" who I think moved to this country last week, I have been taking care of it thanks to Wikipedia Medical Advice and it's working like a charm. There is still slight pain but nothing that stops me from a normal day. It still mostly only hurts to run which isn't upsetting at all because I love a good excuse to walk. 

So, backing up even more. Wednesday was the day that Disney Executives and our Casting Director came to see the show. This was a very nerve racking day for several reasons. The biggest being that these are definitely the people that could "let us go" if we weren't performing like they wanted. We also have all heard horror stories about these people and how they like to pull people aside and say, "You have 24 hours to get your shit together or you won't be joining this tour on the road." 
After all this stress, we performed the show and to get notes after all they said was good job, you're on the right track, keep doing what you're doing, wonderful show. Phew. They were all so impressed. I think also that the fact we did it in 8 days was the most impressive part. How dare they tell us we sucked after we did the whole damn thing in 8 days?!

Well, I think that is about it. After our adventures today, we have a two show day tomorrow for invited family, friends and guests from Disney. After our last show, we load out onto buses and head to South Carolina to REALLY begin this thing. I will be in a new state, new city and new hotel by Sunday. Wow. 

On a side note, do you know what hotels have? Everything. It's amazing. And they never run out. Towels? Hot water? Cold water? Room service? Ice? AC? Free breakfasts? You got it. When I have previously visited a hotel I always think "Yes, this will do nicely for the next couple of days." but when you get to one and think that for the next 10 months you will be living here it becomes all sorts of magical. I will not be upset about this life at all. Excuse me, housekeeping?

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. I miss you all. ## 

The King 

1 comment:

  1. Are any of your family members coming to watch you tomorrow? I'll have to wait until you come to So Cal, in January I think!

    ReplyDelete