inspirational quote

something something something walt disney

Friday, June 27, 2014

Wearing Off-Day 5

As is to be expected, the last couple days have gotten a tad rough. Brain on overload, physically and mentally exhausted, a long way from home, freaking intense humidity and long hours. All the adrenaline and beginning excitement has definitely begun to dwindle. As we headed into the second act of the show, we all kind of hit a standstill where all direction, choreography, lines, and blocking went in one ear and out the other. Also starting to definitely miss, or at least realize how very much I would be missing everyone at some point because I won't be home in FOREVER, started to set in. This is for sure one of the hardest things I've ever been asked to do.

For those guys in school going into performing, when they tell you they are "doing it this way to prepare you for the 'real world'" they are lying. This is hard. Nothing can prepare you.

In spite of all this, we made it. Today was the end of day 5 and at 4:30 we did a full run of the show. Full tech and props. It was rough, but we got through it. End of learning show. Thank god. Now comes cleaning, adding a tad more tech stuff and full costuming. It's gonna be another long rehearsal tomorrow and next week. Sunday couldn't come soon enough. We definitely need a day off.

Also, to stay fully informed, I have done something to my knee. I think going from lots of days of very little physical activity to 9 hour rehearsal days and trying to run 2-3 miles on the treadmill after was a bit more than my little legs could handle. There is a sharp pain in my right knee. On the bright side, it only hurts when I am moving. So only like 90% of the show. Totally do-able. (Mom-I am being overdramatic. Don't call the paramedics please.) I am nervous about it but doing everything I can to take care of it. I'm sure it's just a strain from sudden overuse. No biggie.

The show is done, it's taking shape and I couldn't be more excited. This is gonna be an amazing experience. All of the cast members are starting to hang out more and more and get closer and closer. I am gonna love these people (or be forced to try). As the day of our first bus experience, new venue and weekend of shows draws closer I continue to realize how much of a dream come true this show is. It isn't the type of show I imagined or in any kind of the right time frame, but this is it. Traveling the country, being on stages, different cities every day, performing. Almost word for word from my childhood bucket list. Check. I feel remembering that in the next couple weeks will be crucial.

I do love and very much miss everyone I left back in Idaho and Utah. 5 days in that isn't a GREAT sign haha but I know you'll all be there when I get back.

Stay tuned.

Dixon

Ps. As for pictures, those of you on snapchat are getting more than plenty to stay informed. For everyone else, when I get a good collection I will start posting in an album on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment