inspirational quote

something something something walt disney

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fayetteville North Carolina. My fav.

Yuck.

This is definitely not my favorite place ever.

Yuck.


Needless to say, it's been a long week of not a ton to do. The mall was fairly nice but so far away and such a sketch town to walk around in that is almost not worth it to risk your life to get there. Also, people don't believe in walking anywhere around here. Now that I say it out loud, I clearly understand why. They have also figured out it would be life threatening to do so. They should post signs for us out-of-towners. There are no cross walks and few sidewalks. Getting across the road, should you need to do so, is always an adrenaline rush. I am very excited to do a couple shows here tomorrow and get the hell outta dodge.

Oddly enough, I have been entertaining myself with a trip to the gym every day (yes, that is how dire the situation has become). Not to turn this into one of those sappy and lame, workout and progress blogs, but I am working out and seeing progress. There.

My roommate and I are also completely entranced in The Walking Dead. For those of you who don't know this show, goodbye. It is incredible. We, of course,  don't start watching until around midnight then say that we will only watch one. Six episodes later we are talking ourselves out of "just one more". Last night was an especially upsetting episode where we knew we were done cause we were both secretly crying into pillows. It's terribly upsetting watching ones you love become zombies. Life lessons.

Today at the local Golds Gym was Zumba time. I have only ever had one Zumba class and honestly didn't love it. Or like it in the slightest. But this was actually a wonderful experience. I will definitely be finding more classes. So fun. But turn down the lights and up the loud music and I am always interested. I also always hate going into actual gyms cause I am intimidated by all the machines. This is why I usually just stick to running and pushups and stuff. But today, again, I see the machines and know that I could figure this shit out. Next week I am commanding myself to go to the actually gym everyday and figure it out.

For those wondering, we usually get free passes to local gyms which is why I am going. I am most definitely not to the point of actually wanting to PAY for working out. No no no.

This became a workout blog. Damnit.

Moving on. This weekend. We do two shows here in ghettoville, two in Greensboro NC (where I have my first visitors coming to the show! Can't wait to have people I know in the audience!)  then two in Johnson City, Tennessee then on to Dayton Ohio for the week.


Hmmmmm. Well, that's it. Hope you are all having a wonderful week as well! Much love


Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment